School Leadership Team (SLT)
Izett Thomas, Principal
Valerie Waxman, UFT Chapter Leader
Hakima Boulahrik, PA Co-President
Vanessa Alayon-Stewart, Parent
Yi An Yang Awan, Parent
Amina Ayad, Parent
Claudia Chacon, Parent
Carmen Chirila, Parent
Christine Gibson, Parent
Alicia Lopez, Parent
George Dzanoucakis, UFT
Tea Julevic, DC 37 Representative
Norma Lugo, UFT
Brenda McDonald, UFT
Aurela Nomani, UFT
Maria Palagian, UFT
September 17, 2019
October 8, 2019
November 12, 2019
November 19, 2019
December 3, 2019
January 7, 2020
February 4, 2020
March 3, 2020
April 7, 2020
May 5, 2020
June 2, 2020
*All meetings take place in Room 562 at 3:45 pm.
What is a School Leadership Team?
The School Leadership Team (SLT) is a group of people who develop educational policies for their school. They also make sure there are resources to support those policies.
- Provide ongoing evaluations of a school’s educational programs and their impact on student achievement.
- Play an important role in school-based decision-making
- Help to make school cultures more collaborative.
Who are the SLT members?
There are three members of the school community who must be members of the SLT:
- Parent Association/Parent-Teacher Association President
- United Federation of Teachers Chapter Leader
The other members are elected parents and staff members. The SLT must have an equal number of parents and staff.
The exact composition of a school’s SLT is stated in the team’s bylaws.