Good News...Middle School Results are in!
Good news—if your child is entering middle school this fall, you can now view their offer letter in MySchools! If you requested to receive your offer letter in the mail, a printed copy of their letter will also be mailed to your child’s home address this week. This letter includes:
- Your child’s middle school offer: You do not need to do anything to accept this offer, and your child can begin attending this program in the fall.
- Information about any programs where your child is waitlisted: Applicants who do not get an offer to their first-choice program are automatically on the waitlist for any program listed higher on their application than the program where they’ve received an offer—learn more at schools.nyc.gov/Waitlists.
- What to do next and how to add your child to additional waitlists (this is optional) after waitlists open later this week. If a school can make you a waitlist offer, they will contact you directly; students who get a waitlist offer will have one week to accept or decline it.
Learn more about offers at schools.nyc.gov/Middle, which hosts our Middle School Admissions Video Series.
Don’t have a MySchools account? You can get your child’s offer from their current school counselor. School counselors can also help you set up or access your MySchools account.
Questions? We’re Here to Help
- Talk with your child’s school counselor
- Call us at 718-935-2009
- Contact a Family Welcome Center—when you do, please include your child’s name, last name and date of birth in your message: this will allow us to help you more quickly
- After waitlists open, get support with waitlist questions and requests by emailing email@example.com.